WORDLESS WEDNESDAY: MAGGIE WAITS FOR ME ON THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

20 years ago, a beautiful calico kitten walked into my life.  I adopted her quite by accident, as so many of us do.  She was with me for nearly 19 years, and last Summer she passed away.  Now she waits on the Rainbow Bridge for the day her mommy joins her.  She'll hear something that makes her stop playing and glance into the distance.  Just then she'll see me coming.  She'll run to me and I'll gather her in my arms, bringing us together again at last.

Taking a little cat nap on Daddy's belly.  He's so comfy
Maggie and I saw each other through so much.  4 different homes across 2 states, a tragic family death, my marriage, and lots of boyfriends in between.  Us adopting our dog Isis, then adopting Phoebe, and Maggie being sick towards the end of her life.
 
 
Maggie loved my husband, as you can see from this photo.  Unfortunately, when I was ready to get married, she was NOT!  Although she loved him, she clearly didn't want him to live with us.  She made that abundantly clear when she pee'd all over his belongings the day he moved in with us!  Some men would have been angry, some would have even laid down an ultimatum.  Not my husband, thankfully he's a cat lover!  Isis and I made him a dog lover too!


Maggie laying on her favorite couch.  She claimed it the very day it arrived of course.
Maggie my darling girl, we miss you every day.  Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Isis, and Phoebe

*****THIS IS A BLOGPAWS BLOG HOP *****
 

6 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Bet she is right there with you in spirit. I do know how you feel. I miss my Benny every day
Snorts
Lily & Edward

Unknown said...

Awww :( what a beautiful tribute. I know she is definitely waiting for you.
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Yes, she is with all of us. Isis misses her terribly as well, she still looks for her around the house. Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by.

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Thanks Jenna, I appreciate that. We miss her so much. Isis was deeply affected, she knew & loved Maggie since puppyhood and didn't understand why one day she wasn't with us anymore. Thanks for your kind sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

Your Maggie looks just like my cat Minnie, which is also waiting for me at the rainbow bridge. Minnie was on the thin side but the colors and markings are the same. It's so hard when you lose pets, it wasn't long after I lost Scrappy that Minnie left me too.

I know Maggie's waiting for you. Much love to you from another pet parent that knows how you feel.

Suzanne
thedogtraininglady

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost both pets close together. That is twice as painful. It really is so hard, like losing a family member. I appreciate your kind words, Suzanne. Love to you as well, thank you!

Post a Comment