A Fabulous Must Read for Dog Lovers!

I love a great read, don't you?  I want to tell you about a fabulous book called The Returns, written by the very talented M.K. Clinton.  The story begins with FBI Agent #7, Bentley "Hound Dog" Clanton just as he and his team are about to take down a notorious crime ring.  But something goes wrong.  Terribly wrong. Bentley is shot and killed!  When Bentley reaches the pearly gates of heaven however, he learns that a "mix-up" has occurred.  He wasn't supposed to die just then!  The heavenly Returns Department is then charged with finding him a replacement body so he can return to earth and fulfill his life's destiny.  The body they assign him however, isn't quite what he expected.

Icy and Phoebe are enthralled by the adventures of Bentley, his canine companions, and their guardian angel, Faith!

Bentley's nickname may have been Hound Dog when he was alive, but when he's returned to earth Bentley realizes that he actually IS a hound dog!  Yup! Long floppy ears, short stubby legs, and giant paws.  He is assigned a beautiful guardian angel named Faith to guide him through his new life on earth.

He meets up with 3 other canine "Returns" to whom Faith is also guardian angel.  That's when things really get interesting.  Bentley and the other Returns all have a vital common thread. You see, as humans, each of them ............. but wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here!

What happened next, mama??  Tell Us!!
Suffice to say that together these 4 canines, and their guardian angel, are positively Unstoppable! 

Their adventure takes place in New Orleans, during Mardi Gras no less!  At times I laughed my head off, several times I teared up, and many times my heart was in my mouth worrying what would happen to them next!

M.K. does an amazing job of infusing her characters with both canine and human qualities.  You can't help but fall in love with each one of them.  M.K. is a true talent, bringing these lovable characters and their wildly entertaining adventure to life!

You don't have to be a dog lover to love The Returns, you have to love a great read.  The Returns certainly is a great read!

THIS IS A MONDAY MISCHIEF BLOG HOP

20 comments:

Flea said...

I enjoyed this book, Her second one is waiting for me to read after Christmas. Merry Christmas!

Talent Hounds said...

Such an amazing story, it's a really great read.

Sheltie Times said...

Sounds like a great story.

Unknown said...

Look at that! This explains why Bentley reminds me so much of McGruff!

Life with Dogs and Cats said...

I think the idea of The Returns is so cool!

--Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats.

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

I'm definitely looking forward to reading about their next adventure! Thanks for stopping by the blog today, Flea!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

I agree! It has humor, adventure, and some tear jerking moments!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Yes, it is a great story. M.K. really knows how to spin a yarn!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Yes & both are awesome crime fighters! Thanks for stopping by today Gilligan!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

I love the concept as well. Such a fun book! Thanks for visiting us today, Susan!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all!

Sounds like some real mischief and fun!

Merry Christmas!
Hawk aka BrownDog

M. K. Clinton said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. ☺ I am so happy that we had some laughs together. There are a few places where I cry when reading it too. Haha. I really appreciate your support. ♥

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

It certainly is! Thanks for stopping by Hawkeye!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

My pleasure, M.K., I really love the book and how you developed the canine characters, so realistic! Tell your Bentley I love Ho Ho's too!

Unknown said...

Aw wow! What a great post!!!!
I also read MK's books and I just LOVED them!!!! Can't wait till her 3rd book!!!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Lessons From A Paralyzed Dog said...

I love this plot. It sounds like a very entertaining read. Thank you for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I loved MK's books! I couldn't put them down once I started reading them! Have a Merry Christmas!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Thanks! I'm glad I could do her talent & her book justice in my review! Thanks for stopping by Jenna!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

I love the plot too! It was so much fun & pretty exciting too! It's not easy to mesh human traits & plot w/ canine characteristics by M.K. does a great job of it. Thanks for visiting the blog!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

I've only read The Returns so far, but would love to read the sequel too. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you Lisa!

Post a Comment