How Did You Celebrate #GivingTuesday ?

HAPPY GIVING TUESDAY!!

Giving Tuesday (#GivingTuesday) is a day recognized around the world as a day to give back.  It falls on the first Tuesday in December.  People all around the world join together for a common cause; to celebrate generosity and philanthropy and to make a difference in the world!

It's always hard to decide who to donate to, there are so many worthy organizations that need our help and support.  Although I give throughout the year, on this Giving Tuesday I decided to give to 3 organizations that are very near and dear to my heart.

For over 100 years, Bideawee has been helping pet find loving homes and reaching out to the community to educate and help.

I chose the Bideawee animal shelter and pet welfare organization because for over 100 years, they've been the leading pet welfare organization in New York City and Long Island, where I grew up.  They help so many pets and do so much community outreach throughout the NY Metro area and Long Island.  I will never forget the day we got our first family dog, Ginny, a Golden Retriever mix, from Bideawee.  I was 7 years old when we got Ginny, I was in my early 20's when she passed away after a long and wonderful life.  Ginny and I grew up together, she was my very best friend in the world and I will love her forever.   My Husky Isis and I are a Therapy Dog team. When I needed to choose an organization for us to do Therapy Dog work with in New York, I chose Bideawee.  After all the joy Ginny, the dog they gave me so many years ago provided, I guess it's my way of saying Thanks, Bideawee!


I chose to do Therapy Dog volunteer work with Bideawee because I got my first childhood dog from them
Getting some love from library staff at one of the children's reading programs


PetSmart Charities helps so many animal welfare agencies across the U.S. and Canada.


I donated to PetSmart Charities as well today because they help so many animal welfare organizations across the U.S. and Canada, with a goal of providing a lifelong loving home for every pet.  PetSmart does a great job of giving back to the communities in which they live and work, and that means a lot to me.  It's one of the reasons I am a loyal PetSmart customer and shop there all the time.  One of the many organizations they support is Maricopa County Animal Care and Control (MCACC), the animal shelter I volunteer for in Phoenix, AZ.  MCACC is one of the largest animal shelters in the country, taking in over 100,000 dogs and cats every year.  PetSmart generously provided us with space in their Scottsdale, Arizona Every Day Adoption Center so we can find more loving homes for the many dogs and cats in our care.  I wrote a blog post about PetSmart Charities Everyday Adoption Centers last year, you can see it by clicking Here.



I adopted Phoebe from a PetSmart Everyday Adoption Center
I adopted Phoebe from the PetSmart Everyday Adoption Center I volunteer at in Phoenix


No matter where tragedy strikes the American Red Cross is always there to provide relief

The third organization I donated to is the American Red Cross.  I believe the Red Cross is unparalleled in terms of providing disaster relief and assistance.  No matter where a tragedy strikes in the world, the Red Cross always seems to be first on the scene to help.  I am astonished at how fast they can mobilize and reach an area in need.  Whether it's wild fires on the West coast of the U.S., a tragic shooting in the Northeastern U.S. or a disaster somewhere on a continent far, far, away the Red Cross always seems to get there first to help the people impacted by disaster.  I really admire the Red Cross and I'm grateful they are there to help so many people in need.

Disaster can strike at any time.  It's comforting to know the Red Cross is there if and when they are needed.
Hope You Enjoyed Giving Tuesday, friends!!

4 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Fantastic. Sounds like a great organization
Lily & Edward

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We have never heard of giving Tuesday. What a great idea. So nice of you to help others.

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

They are all great organizations, thanks for stopping by Lily & Edward!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

I'm so surprised you haven't heard of #GivingTuesday, it's been a worldwide phenomenon for a couple of years now. It's just a great way to place a focus on giving and remind us at this festive time of year to think of others and give back. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment