The Cutest Dog Trick

Trick Training Is FUN Dog Training !

Not long ago I wrote a blog post about how dog training should be a lifelong activity for your dog, because training isn't just for puppies!  I included links to blog posts with tips on how to address some common behavior issues through training, like leash pulling and jumping up on people.

In my opinion, the most fun type of dog training is Tricks Training!  Here's a short video of my favorite dog trick with my Siberian Husky, Icy.  It's called WHERE'S MY DOG?? 





This trick always gets a lot of laughs.  I hope it makes you smile too!

This fun dog trick is taught using 2 treats, one in each hand:

* From a sit/stay and with your back to your dog a couple of feet away from her,

* Lure your dog towards the back of your legs with 1 hand, holding 1 of the treats in your hand behind your legs, (your back remains to the dog)

*As she approaches your legs switch hands to continue the lure with your other hand & treat, luring her all the way through your legs.  Mark the behavior (you continually face forward).  If she tries to go around you instead of going through your legs, do not treat but start again & continue the treat lure all the way through your legs.

* Once she has the entire movement down, add the verbal cue "Where's My Dog?" at the beginning of the trick while she's in the Sit/Stay position.  Phase out the two treat lure, treating only after she completes the entire sequence of the trick.  Have Fun!!

Please visit  My YouTube Channel!

What's YOUR favorite dog or cat trick?  Let us know in the comments, we love hearing from you!

5 comments:

Groovy Goldendoodles said...

That was super sweet. I may have to try this one with Jaxson

M. K. Clinton said...

I agree, that is the cutest trick! I have to try it with Bentley and Pierre! Thanks for the instructions. ☺

Dachshund Nola said...

That is adorable!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Give it a try, I bet Jaxson will do great. If you do it, post a video on your blog I'd love to see it!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Thanks!! I'd love to see the boys doing this trick, if you try it post a video!

Post a Comment